Monday, June 7, 2010

Kevin Margitich.


Sg. What inspired you first got into art?
Km. I think that it was the Public Enemy Logo. I remember I was in like 5th grade and I would sketch that thing over and over. When I think about it I'm pretty sure that it was album art in general that got me going whether I was trying to mimic images or lettering.

Sg. Do you still find inspiration in this?
Km. Inspiration now is basically everywhere for me. It seems that everyone I am close to is inspiring somehow, whether it be through art, storytelling, brewing or farming.

Sg. Any other shows coming up that you would like to let the viewers know about?
Km. Nothing else this year. I was in a 3 person show out in Seattle in January at Bluebottle Art Gallery and a handful of others toward the end of 2009. I have been pretty stoked about the show here since last year. It's a bit of a break, though, from my straight-up animal portraits. These paintings are a bit more technical and a lot more researched.

Sg. Anything else that you would like to add?
Km. A big thanks to The Slingluff Gallery and Cassandra Warren. I also want to give a huge thanks to The Ghost Tour of Philadelphia from where I drew most of the inspiration for this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment