Wednesday, March 24, 2010

One of three artists for April, please meet Dan Eells


Jks. So lets get started with letting the viewers know a little bit more about yourself,
your work, where your from, anything that you would like to share really.

De. My name is Dan Eells. I’m from South Philadelphia, born and raised. I graduated from Temple University (Tyler School of Art) in 2007 with a Bachelor Degree in Fine Art. My work is pretty diverse. I like using multiple mediums, but recently I've been focusing on working with watercolors. You may find most of my pieces have some sense of humor in them. That pretty much sums it up.

Jks. What inspired you when you first got into art?

De. Inspiration came to me as far back as I can remember. In grade school and high school I found myself drawing in my notebooks, a lot. As the years passed, the more I would draw the better I got. It soon became something I did everyday. Before I knew it I had decided that there was nothing else I would rather do for the rest of my life.

Jks. Do you still find inspiration in this?

De. I find inspiration in every art piece I do to carry through the next. I constantly find new ways to improve my techniques, but at the same time staying true to my unique style.

Jks. Any other shows coming up that you would like to let the views know about?

De. Not in the immediate future.

Jks. Anything else that you would like to add?

De. I would like to thank Mike Maxwell for helping me out as well as you, Jonathan, for giving me a chance. Also, check out my website @ www.daneells.com

No comments:

Post a Comment